Crashing Visual Studio problems

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2010 at 4:17 PM

N1kola wrote Today at 2:51 PM [x]
Woops, I made a mistake. There is actually some info in ActivityLog, I just used wrong instance of VS (without logging) first time.
I attached new ActivityLog with the error.

And here is some data about queries.
- As you saw in initial issue, we use CDATA parts (for some reason, even though we don't have any markup in queries)
- Query names are written like fully qualified names of classes, so they have dots (company.division.project.x.y.z.GimmeSomeSugar). This is also case with class names, since they are in different projects.

N1kola wrote Today at 2:51 PM [x]
Seems better now. Once plugin was updated and I clicked Restart now in VS, error happened again, but after second manual restart, there was no error on startup and queries are properly highlighted.

There is now a different issue though, or several of them :)
- Seems that our queries have some parts which are not supported by your grammar. If I hover over any word in query I get tooltip with exception. Antlr.Runtime.MismatchedTokenException
- Autocomplete for object properties is not displayed
- Probably related to previous two. I even made VS crash while typing a query. This happened once I removed all queries from a file and started writing a new simple one to test. Once I wrote 'wher' and hit 'e' VS crashed with no message. ActivityLog.xml doesn't even store any information about crash, I can only send you dump that JIT debugger creates once VS crashes.

Sorry I just listed here instead of creating proper issue entries, but I really have to start doing some work today :)

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2010 at 4:20 PM
Edited Sep 28, 2010 at 4:20 PM

> Seems that our queries have some parts which are not supported by your grammar. If I hover over any word in query I get tooltip with exception. Antlr.Runtime.MismatchedTokenException

It is not "my" grammar, it is NHibernate 3 parser. Would you mind to paste an example of your query?

> Autocomplete for object properties is not displayed

Did you follow the steps explained in this topic?

> Probably related to previous two. I even made VS crash while typing a query. This happened once I removed all queries from a file and started writing a new simple one to test. Once I wrote 'wher' and hit 'e' VS crashed with no message. ActivityLog.xml doesn't even store any information about crash, I can only send you dump that JIT debugger creates once VS crashes.

I will have a look to the activity log you send in the second mail.

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I'll send you a query by email.

About Intellisense, no I didn't follow those steps. Sorry for my ignorance, I'm a lazy guy and thats exact reason I like addins like yours :)

Anyway, I don't have time to mess with this, since we don't use standalone NHibernate but Spring.NET. Once I have some free time I could check it out.

Possibly I won't use your addin since VS seems slower with it, for understandable reasons (number of projects in my solutions). But it's very cool and very helpful, so hopefully I'll get to use it on another project.